Three Sides of the Coin KISS PodcastThree Sides of the Coin is a KISS podcast featuring Michael Brandvold, Mitch Lafon and Tommy Sommers.

In this episode, December 11, 2012, we discuss KISS books… Gene Simmons “KISS and Make Up”, Ace Frehley “No Regrets”, Peter Criss “Makeup to Breakup My Life In and Out of KISS”, Chris Lendt “KISS and Sell: The Making of a Supergroup”, Lydia Criss “Sealed with a KISS”, Larry Harris “And Party Every Day: The Inside Story Of Casablanca Records”, Curt Gooch and Jeff Suhs “Kiss Alive Forever: The Complete Touring History”. We discuss what we would like to see in Paul Stanley’s upcoming autobiography and if Bruce Kulick would ever write a book, what we would like to read in his book.

This is only our opinion… it is neither right or wrong.

Michael Brandvold launched the 5th website on the internet devoted to KISS, KISS Otaku. He went on the build, launch and maintain Kissonline.com KISS’ official website. Mitch Lafon first interviewed Gene Simmons in 1979 and has since interviewed nearly all members of KISS, many more than once. He produced and released a Ace Frehley tribute CD. Tommy Sommers has been a fan since 1976 and has seen them in concert dozens of times. He spent many years on the record show circuit selling memorabilia and meeting many KISS fans.

12 Responses to “The KISS Autobiographies are Discussed on the Debut Episode of Three Sides of the Coin”

1. Alison Richter
    December 11, 2012 at 8:45 am #

I had no idea there were so many books.

2. Michael Brandvold
    December 11, 2012 at 8:46 am #

And that isn’t near all of them.

3. Steve Ponchaud
    December 11, 2012 at 11:19 am #

Listening now…

4. Ponch
    December 11, 2012 at 12:38 pm #

Great ‘cast! I think like the 4 solo albums gave us a good look at what each guy brought to the table musically, the books are kind of doing the same for their personalities. Let’s hope Paul brings it with his book. Keep up the great work! KISS nerd til the end (and yes I received a KISS Snuggie for a gift this year).

5. Alison Richter
    December 11, 2012 at 6:03 pm #

?

6. Christine Vitale
    December 15, 2012 at 12:34 pm #

I appreciate this podcast…I enjoy all things KISS, but I think among other things, you expect too much from Ace with his book…it’s a wonder he managed a book at all. I’m glad it was revealing as it was, but it softballed pretty much everything, and Paul was mysteriously “missing” throughout much of the book, a phantom of sorts. Ace says he’s putting out another book…someday.

• Michael Brandvold
      December 16, 2012 at 12:47 pm #

I didn’t expect too much from Ace… he wrote a book, I expected him to talk about significant events in his life and Kiss. I also expected him to get the basic facts right. If you can’t do that, don’t write a book.

7. Alison Richter
    December 17, 2012 at 10:18 am #

All I see is [Comment imported from blog] four times.

8. Michael Brandvold
    December 17, 2012 at 10:25 am #

Yes you do. :)

9. Alison Richter
    December 17, 2012 at 2:23 pm #

No idea what that means.

10. Gary Aeh
    February 13, 2013 at 7:38 am #

O.K. I LOVE THE DISCUSSIONS. I’ve seen all that have been put onto KISS ASYLUM. I look forward to new discussions every week and the guests have been great. Kiss fan since I first heard Destroyer in 1977. I’m now 51 and still a Kiss geek. Any way, 4 songs that have to be played I believe would be Rock N’ Roll Allnight, Detroit Rock City, Deuce, God Of Thunder. The songs I’d love to hear live Rise To It, I Just Wanna. I Love It Loud is one of those songs that I don’t mind hearing once in a while and I’m fine hearing it live but it’s not one that I would ever put into my top 20 list of favorites.