Oh, and he’ll be on Oprah at 3 p.m. PT to announce it, the same time the song, “See Her Face,” goes live on the app [iTunes link].
It gets stranger. According to a spokesperson for Flipboard, well-known venture capitalist Ron Conway of SV Angel is responsible for bringing it about. “MC Hammer has been involved in Internet projects for years and via our mutual friend Ron Conway he found out about Flipboard,” she says.
“He was excited about how Flipboard brought his Twitter stream to life. He saw the potential of what a social magazine could mean for musicians and wanted to work with us on this project,” she adds.
The collaboration is part of a broader initiative to bring content owners and publishers on board as partners for distributing — rather than simply being sources for producing — content on the app. Flipboard’s spokesperson says that the startup is open to additional partnerships with musicians in the future, but does not have any “specific plans for that at the moment.”
The song will be available for listening only; a downloadable version will be available at a later date.
Image courtesy of Flipboard
- Music Marketing Articles
- Facebook Articles
- Twitter Articles
- Social Media Articles
- Find New Fans Articles
- Fan Engagement Articles
- My Presentations and Webinars
- 2000 Things to Generate 20,000 Fans Challenge
- Don’t Wait For New Fans To Find You, Seek Them Out
- 10 Lessons I Learned from KISS at their School of Marketing
- Ignore Your Website & Social Networks and Your Career Will Suffer
- How to use Facebook and Twitter with Your Official Website
- Musicians on Twitter, This Is Not Marketing. This Is Spam
- Ten Tips For Do-It-Yourself PR and Publicity For Bands
- What Publicists Need From Musicians
- 10 Things Every Musician Should Do Online Every Day
- Hire Me
- Book Me to Speak
- About Me